Central LHIN is committed to engaging with our community to plan, fund and integrate our local health care system – and putting patients first in everything we do.
We engage with many stakeholders, including patients, families, caregivers, health service providers, primary care providers, community service agencies and leaders, public health units and provincial partners.
The following provides information on various ongoing engagements and networks in support of health services and system planning in the Central LHIN:
- Central LHIN Patient and Family Advisory Committee – 16-member panel representing a broad spectrum of health system experiences and Central LHIN geography
- Central LHIN Sub-Region Collaborative Tables – includes over 80 clinical, health system and community service leaders working across six tables to define and implement opportunities to improve access, continuity in care and patient experience in each of the Central LHIN’s six sub-regions. Click here for more information on the Central LHIN sub-region collaborative tables membership and priorities.
- Other Central LHIN Working Groups, Committees and Advisory Bodies– a complete list of other clinical and sectoral working groups, committees and collaborative networks which the Central LHIN leads or participates on.
- Francophone Population – information on the Francophone population and engagements with Entité 4, the local French language health planning entity, to advance linguistically safe and appropriate health care services.
- Indigenous Population – information on the Indigenous population and engaging with Indigenous leaders, communities, health service providers and other stakeholders to advance culturally appropriate and accessible health care services.
- Governance Council – Governance Council meetings are used to keep LHIN-funded HSP Board Chairs apprised of LHIN activities and progress, and a forum to discuss governance level priorities.
We are committed to working together to organize care planning and delivery into care communities that is responsive to patient needs, values and preferences.
If you have a question about our community engagement, please feel welcome to contact us at Central.LHIN@lhins.on.ca